Wednesday, August 30, 2006

john the baptist

today's gospel reading is about some guy called John the Baptist... what's so important about him?

well, he is important to me... as a teacher, he tells me that some people who will end up learning from me will be greater than me. he tells me that i am not worthy to undo their sandal straps but they will allow me to annoint them with whatever i can teach them and i will hence try to teach them the best i can...

Anyway, we should all be like John the Baptist... we should all go and try to be like John the Baptist... not that we should go and baptise the world. that would be great, but difficult yeah... no. we should go out and make our lives point towards Jesus. We should go out and make sure that when people view our lives, they will be guided towards the direction of Jesus...

I did a module recently which taught me about the importance of the northern star, plus I was in the navy for a bit and thus know how important the stars are for navigation... well, there are many people out there who are sailing on this sea of life and need direction... let us then be the stars for Jesus and lead them to the right path... I think that is what we are all called to do, to lead the lost back to God... So let's all raise our fingers and point to the God who will save us all, so that other people know where he's at, ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home