Wednesday, September 06, 2006

i went camping




This post is rather late but i really wanted to post something about my reflections while i was camping somewhere near sea-life park. (oh, by the way, i heard that sea life park has a wholphin, half whale, half dolphin. How cool is that?)

Anyway, my roomies and I decided on the spur of the moment to join fellow roomie Dan on a camping trip. It was the most I've ever spent waiting for buses and other forms of transportation in my life. It beats my walmart experience by a mile. But, that's not what's important.


When we arrived at the place, we were all singing praises of the natural beauty of the place. There was the beautiful open ocean on one side and stunning mountains on the other side. However, by the end of the trip, we were all complaining about nature and one aspect of nature in particular. The rain.


The wisdom of going camping without a tent baffles me. But in all honesty, most Hawaiians will tell you that rain is nothing, It usually just sprinkles for a while and then it goes away so it didn't seem like a bad idea at the time and plus, when i first started sleeping on the tarp and i looked up at the sky, I was just so happy to be sleeping under the stars. It was a truly beautiful sight. But then the rain came and everything changed.

So here's my reflection about my camping trip. When you go camping, bring a tent. In other words, be prepared for all experiences that you might be likely to encounter before you start any new phase of your life so as not to ruin your experience. Everything can be a whole lot more fun if you're prepared and sometimes, even if you've had a bad experience, don't choose to harp on that but just reflect on all the positives, like these pictures...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home