Wednesday, November 29, 2006

For Lou...

I know I haven't posted anything since Halloween and there's a good reason for that. I'm lazy...

But today I need to post something because, well, just because...

Today my friend Lou took her life. It is a sad day. At times like these I always ask myself why. And guess what... I don't know why. Stuff just happens that we might never understand. It is unfair but well... nothing, it's just unfair.

I got my stuff from Amazon today and one of the books that I got is Richard Bach's "Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul". Several years ago, my friend Maxine recommended a book called "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah". It was not a Christian book but there were many wise sayings in there that can be applied to life. It was a book that changed my life and I hope I still have it somewhere at home.

Anyway, I picked up the new book and followed the instructions. Think of a question, close your eyes, flip through the pages of the book, stop at one of the pages, then choose, left page or right... I know it's funny but that's what the book really says. And this is the page I came to:

"You're the master of what you've lived,
artisan at what you're living,
amateur at what's next to live."

What does it all mean? Nothing. At the beginning of Messiah's Handbook, there's a disclaimer that's found at the end Illusions too. It says that when the person who "gave" this book to the "author" got killed by an angry mob, he asked himself why such a good man had to die such a senseless death. He flipped through the book and came to a page that said, "Everything is this book may be wrong." And that's it isn't it.

We can never have all the answers, but keep asking the questions anyway. There is no book that can tell you all you want to know or need to know, keep reading anyway. And I can't write anything smart to complete this paragraph but that's just like life. Seldom is there going to be a punchline to end it all. Who cares. Just sit back, enjoy the show and when the end comes... It just ends.

Lou, we'll miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home